Practice Dynamics, Inc., or PDI, was established in 1996 as the medical billing company for LifeBridge Health. PDI provides comprehensive professional billing services for hundreds of physicians and non-physician practitioners rendering services at Sinai Hospital, Northwest Hospital, and Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center & Hospital.
We provide services exclusively to LifeBridge Health entities and are growing in direct proportion to the LBH community physician enterprise acquisition strategy. In 2015, we will process more than $300 million in charges and $110 million in cash.
PDI excels in both primary care and multi-specialty billing. Specialties served include:
- Bariatric surgery
- General surgery
- Infectious disease
- Intensive care
- Internal medicine
- Pulmonary medicine
- Rehabilitation medicine
Facilities, Staffing and Structure
Our main office is located in Reisterstown, Md., on the northwest side of Baltimore, where we have more than 16,000 square feet of space specifically designed to support our cutting-edge billing services and allow for our future growth.
PDI has approximately 100 employees, each of whom is highly specialized in medical billing, coding and compliance. Our staff is organized into teams comprising billing, reimbursement, and coding and training.
Dedicated PDI staff assigned to the practices include professional billers; claims processors; payment posters; recovery specialists; coders; coding educators; training specialists; and reimbursement analysts. Teams are designed to support specialties and to provide a single point of contact to the practices.
Billing Hardware and Software
PDI utilizes GE Centricity Business Solutions (formerly IDX) for billing, a high-end system that can easily handle a large medical system and also support future growth.
GE modules being used include Scheduling, eCommerce clearinghouse, Transaction Editing System (TES), Open Referral Module, Billing and Accounts Receivable (BAR), Enterprise Task Manager (ETM), Anesthesia Module, Rejection Subsystem and Payer Contract Module PCM). PDI also uses Optum’s Claims Manager editing software to scrub claims data for coding compliance with federal, state and commercial payor regulations, and to help achieve 100 percent clean claims rate and prevent submission of “non-compliant” claims.
PDI provides coding and compliance services to our practices. Services provided include E & M training, ICD-9 and 10 training, specialty-specific coding training including surgical coding, coding audits of provider documentation and billing, a coding help line, and quality audits of PDI coder performance.
LifeBridge Health provides compliance services to its practices using PDI's corporate compliance department. Services include new provider orientation, an initial compliance audit within 90 days of employment and ongoing audits.
Practice and PDI staff are trained to ensure their highest level of performance in all revenue cycle applications. Significant training support is provided to all new community practices initially and ongoing, to ensure a smooth transition to LifeBridge Health systems.
Specialized Programs and Services
Collection Rate Setting: Determines the amount of cash you should be collecting
- Quality Assessment: Identifies associates doing a quality job
- Payment Accuracy Reporting: Assesses if you are collecting the right amount of cash
- Billing Rejection Reporting: Monitors the reasons you are not being paid and takes action
- Incentive Program: Motivates staff to achieve the best collection rates possible
- Encounter Form Updates: Provides a tool with current data to support correct coding assignment
- Billing Edit and Claim Form Logic Updates: Develops editing systems to avoid billing errors
- Staff Organized by Specialty and Payor: Develops a team focused on improving the revenue cycle and provides a central point of contact to the practices
- Work Load Measurement: Monitors productivity
- Billing Audits: Identifies and resolves the reasons you are not being paid and ensures you are paid accurately
- Provider Compliance Auditing and Training: Assesses if your providers are coding compliantly and achieving the highest level of reimbursement. PDI compliance staff audit and train providers on the complex reimbursement issues that are facing provider practices today.
Practice Dynamics, Inc.
124 Business Center Drive
Reisterstown, MD 21136